The laundry room, which was on the back porch was way too small. It was added as the house was updated by erecting a wall and a doorway using boring drywall and 2x4" studs. After discovering a soft spot in the floor, which led to ripping up linoleum and taking up particle board that was attached to the original floor, I discovered the original porch floor. This was heart of pine painted and thoroughly chipped in two tones of bluish gray. Yay!!!! So this led to enlarging the laundry room by knocking out the boring wall and re-erecting a new wall of pallet wood & repurposed louver doors.
So below is the new laundry room pallet wood wall. Instead of using 2x4's, I had the 2x4's ripped down to 2x2's. This way the wall is half the width, and who cares anyway since it's strictly cosmetic to hide the unattractive elements of a laundry room. In my case, an older model washer and dryer, a water heater and the ac unit. But now there is more space to add a utility room sink and some shelving, etc. So I attached the pallet wood to the 2x2's with my handy Ryobi Airstrike nail gun that I LOVE. Then I used two leftover bifold doors and incorporated them into the wall.
The back porch color before was school bus yellow and white with rooster wallpaper border at the top. The wall was the concrete block of the original house. I thought about painting the concrete block white, but wanted to change the look. So we glued 1x2 strips to the wall and nailed pallet wood over the strips to give it a whole new (old) look.